Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bam Margera's Bar


Hey Guys,

So last Friday I went with a couple of my buddies to West Chester, PA, to see a couple of bands at Bam Margera's Bar known as 'The Note'. Upon entering, this gothy bar's decor was definitely heavily influenced by Bam's idol - HIM. Purple tones, erie candles, and thickly bearded bartenders were just some of those things.

We were there to check out some Jam bands (synth fueled instrumental sets that are mostly enjoyed by neo-hippies). Now I'm not going to lie, I was skeptical. Firstly being that I have not really listened to any band of this genre. But my roommate assured me that I was in for a treat.

So up first was DJ Sonkin, who was friend's with the band that were up after him. He was pretty ridiculous. He did a lot of drum and bass with mash-ups. The band after him, MJ Project, threw on a ridiculous show. The definition of Jam Band should have these guys' faces next to it in the dictionary. I soon realized that 4 minutes into their 9 minute long opening single, I was in love with them (they gave out free EPs to everyone at the show, and it sounds amazing). After MJP was Bodega, a quintet of 19 year olds who were also very entertaining and musically talented. Finally, the headliner - Pnuma Trio. As the name suggests, they are a trio of ridiculous talents fused together to make one heck of an experience. They performed an awesome set.

At the end of the show, it was already 2 am. I was pretty satisfied with my experience, and I think I'm going to look into my new found love for Jam Bands, and I think you should too.

~Yousef Ezz

No comments:

Post a Comment